Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with Agilent 4156C and older driver

Hey,

I am having issues with our Agilent 4156C. As I am quite new to LabVIEW I asked around in my institute and there is in deed another group working with a 4155C, doing similar measurements as I wish to do with our 4156C.

As far as I know the 4155C and 4156C are equivalent a part from the precision and use the same drivers. So I asked the other group for their VIs and drivers. But I noticed that they use the HP415XA driver, which does officially not support either of our devices and as far as I have tested it does really not work.

How is it possible that they run their 4155C machine with this 415XA driver? Is there a way to do the same with my 4156C? The people that once got it running unfortunately left the group..

I know I could use the new drivers but then I would need to change the VI as well, which I want to use.

And is there an easy to understand step-by-step guide how to use an Agilent/Keysight device in LabVIEW starting from zero?

Thanks in advance!

Philipp

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,328 Views)

@pwendel wrote:

And is there an easy to understand step-by-step guide how to use an Agilent/Keysight device in LabVIEW starting from zero?

Thanks in advance!

Philipp

No there is no such guide.

I would suggest taking the online tutorials or having your employer pay for Core 1, Core 2, Core 3 training.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,320 Views)
Just saying that you have issues and that the driver does not work is a poor description. You need to provide some details such as error codes/messages, code that you are using, etc.

Besides the basic LabVIEW tutorials, look at the Getting Started links at http://www.ni.com/downloads/instrument-drivers/. The make and model of an instrument is not that relevant to learning instrument control.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,312 Views)