Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer file to Lecroy Waverunner 8254 over USB

I have a Waverunner8254 scope and I’m trying to do some automation in LabVIEW with it.

The problem I’ve encountered is with sending files to the scope over USB.

I found a solution that works (Another Topic), but it works only to files that are less than around 65k bytes (I could assume 65535 but I did not test exact value).

If I try to send a file which is larger than 65k I get timeout from VISA blocks and I cannot connect to scope again until I reboot it.

Is there some kind of buffer that is adjustable here or maybe I’m missing something here?

I’d really appreciate some help here.

I only have a remote access to this scope so I can't dig into its configuration and the manual does not help as well...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,851 Views)

Send your file in blocks of less then 65k wait until transferred by making the send synchronous.

Good luck

greetings from the Netherlands
Message 2 of 5
(2,830 Views)

I tried to send it in blocks but it did not work.

But I can't recall if I had synchronous mode on.

Will let you know tomorrow how it went. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,826 Views)

I only used this to read, and then you know when the data is on your own side, maybe you need to wait an extra 500ms or so before sending the next block. Ideally that should not be needed but just to warn you, I had to tell this.

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,818 Views)

Unfortunately splitting the data into two parts did not work even with Synchronous mode on.

It seems like the scope only accepts the first part, and disregards the second one.

I'm in contact with Lecroy support so maybe they will have an answer for me.

As soon as I find something I will post it here so that it would be useful for someone else.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,812 Views)