Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timing measurement of a Digital Output and Digital input using flat Sequence structure

Hi Guys,

i am looking to do a very basic task in labview but i am running into difficulty. i will try to explain as accurately as possible.

I want to create a Digital output  which my transmitting circuit is connected to P0.0 in frame 1 that will start a timer when the signal in frame two is received Digital input it calculates a time difference between sent signal and received signal. I have added a while loop that while the condition is not true it continues to check until it is. My vi is below but I cannot get it to work. Please help.

here is the vi hopefully someone can help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,670 Views)

How accurate of measurements do you need?  You will not get anything really accurate using a Windows clock.  You may need to set up a counter along with some external circuitry to get what you want.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,664 Views)

Hi.

My circuits consist of the following.

Tx: LM555 generating a 40kHz which is connected to an AND gate which i was using to start the sequence.

Rx: circuit is connected to an LM567 which hen the PLL detects 40kHz drops the output voltage of pin 8 to 0v.

It is this time between the intial Tx sending and the recieving of the 40kHz pulse Rx that i need to capture.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,652 Views)

also my NI device is a usb 6216

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,651 Views)

Hi,

I had a quick look over your code and noticed a few things that you need to implement:

• Swap the 'Subtract' inputs to find the difference in time between the two.
  • Add a piece of code between the data output which sends a false to the 'Equal to' when the current data out equals false.

I hope this helps!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,632 Views)

Hi,

still having trouble in getting any timing measurement at all from circuits. attached is the latest Vi

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,612 Views)