Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timestamps on Dnet explicit messaging

Hello,

I am using a real time chassis with a PXI-8532 card.  Also troubleshooting and creating classes locally on my machine using a NI-CAN card to test the device messaging.  I am still new to both interface standards and looking to shorten the learning curve

After looking through the NI-Dnet user manual for dll functions I did not find a read command, except to poll at a specified rate, that would reference a time stamp like CANOpen does.  I can communicate with my UUT and it works like a charm, but using the real time chassis I wanted to get time stamped commands so that I can build a measurement dataset based upon real time sampling rates.

Is there there a way whether using prepackaged VIs or using the raw dll functions to get time stampstamped data in real time or is that beyond the focus of Dnet?  If beyond the scope, can I use CanOpen to achieve this, though convert my explicit messaging method to a CanOpen type command. Would polling the Dnet data and tagging the data based upon polling rate achieve the performance of the real time chassis? 

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Andy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,346 Views)

Hello Andy, 

NI-Dnet is not supported directly by applications engineering at National Instruments. You will be better off reposting your message to this link to get the appropriate exposure to those that will be able to help you. It may take some time for them to respond. 

Ryan
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,326 Views)