Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The USB remote issue in 63600-2

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everybody,

Looking forward to receiving your advice.

I had problems with the 63600-2 when controlling it remotely using the USB interface.

While connecting the 63600-2 to my computer using the USB interface, I manually disconnect the USB cable but the RMT icon lights up then I connect the 63600-2 to the 2nd computer and I cannot remotely control the 63600-2 with your second computer.

I had to reboot the 63600-2 using the power button on the front to make sure the RMT icon was off, then use NI Max on the 2nd computer to restart the remote session, which I could then control from away from the 63600-2 of the 2nd computer. But now I bring the 63600-2 to the first computer and can't use this computer anymore. I have to restart my 1st computer.

I think when I manually unplug the USB cable, the communication session at  63600-2 and Computer is not released properly. So when reconnecting, the communication session cannot be re-established.

399918f9-10b3-47c0-a888-6c08d97057ba.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(248 Views)

I have no idea what the 63600-2 is but its firmware may be a little buggy and it doesn't automatically transfer from local to remote mode and back. So maybe you need to send it an explicit command to go back into local mode before disconnecting from it. And running the instrument drivers Close function (or at least the VISA Close function if there is no real instrument driver for your device) before trying to disconnect the device may help too.

If the device firmware is programmed properly it should automatically detect that it was disconnected from the computer and reset itself into a disconnected state, but that seems not to work for your device.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 2 of 7
(209 Views)

Thank you so much, Rolfk

63600-2 is Chroma electrical load. May I know the command of Close function? Because currently I have no idea about it.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(189 Views)

@TaoHT wrote:

Thank you so much, Rolfk

63600-2 is Chroma electrical load. May I know the command of Close function? Because currently I have no idea about it.

Thanks

Can you share the user manual? I don't want to register to just download the manual.

https://www.chromausa.com/document-library/manuals-63600-series/

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
Message 4 of 7
(182 Views)

Thanks Santo,

This user manual is bigger than the maximum size. please use my drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JvNfTgQ1ncT3AYYzyNZgyGdl4Q6kJfNU/view?usp=sharing

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(172 Views)
Solution
Accepted by TaoHT

@TaoHT wrote:

Thank you so much, Rolfk

Well there are two. If you have an Instrument Driver, it usually contains a specific function called <Instrument Name>_Close or similar. That would be the function that should be called before you close the application or disconnect the device.

If you use directly VISA functions you would usually at least need to call VISA Close to make sure the port and any associated resources are properly released. Some devices also need some functions to be executed to properly set them back into a specific state but that is devices specific and has to be gotten from the according Programmer Reference Manual or Protocol Specification.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 6 of 7
(152 Views)

Thank Rolfk,

I'm really appreciate your expertise. I need to check with my team, currently we had one way to avoid this problem so I have to back to R&D team to add the Visa close command in the script.

Thank

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(103 Views)