Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tektronix AFG 3102 Error

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

What does this error mean?

-410,"Query INTERRUPTED"

I'm Using Tektronix AFG 3102 With GPIB and some VIs from the internet.

It keeps popping up for no reason.

I'm new to this so if you could explain slowly and explain the technical terms, I would really appriciate it.

Thank you,

Guy.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,220 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author UltraShlooklook

That usually means you stopped listening before the instrument was done sending the data.  I have also seen that error when requesting data and then sending a command before allowing the instrument to send the data.

Will need to see code to really diagnose your problem.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 5
(5,215 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author UltraShlooklook
Usually, it means exactly what it says - you start a query (i.e. a read) but before the transfer is completed, you send another command to the instrument.

All of your VIs should come from NI when you do Help> Find Instrument Drivers. There are then examples you can get with Help> Find Examples.
Message 3 of 5
(5,211 Views)

UPDATE: solved by using the delay tool in a while loop, which includes the inputs.

Reading your answer helped me understand this... so thank you!

This was probably caused by sending data to my device faster than it could execute the command AND be ready for a new command. Solved this by creating spaces between the inputs (my commands) - 1 second did the trick.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,209 Views)

@UltraShlooklook wrote:

UPDATE: solved by using the delay tool in a while loop, which includes the inputs.

Reading your answer helped me understand this... so thank you!

This was probably caused by sending data to my device faster than it could execute the command AND be ready for a new command. Solved this by creating spaces between the inputs (my commands) - 1 second did the trick.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

You might want to read http://www.rohde-schwarz.de/file_7561/1EF62_0E.pdf

for hints on how to synchronize commands and data retrieval. Especially useful for obtaining data from spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, etc.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,191 Views)