Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taking LabView webpanel to the Customer ? (Standalone Labview WS?)

---English:---

Hello,

I have done a software in LabView, which controls a own device va RS232. Now my customer also wants to be able to control it via webpanel. No problem at first glance - I have 5 Licences for the Webpanel included with my Package and it shouldn't be a big problem to trnasfer the program to a webpanel. But how can the customer host the VI on his side without having to buy the whole Labview package which is of absolutely no use for him? The device is located at the customer so there is no possibility I can run the server here.  Is there any way to get this whole thing working ?  Something like a standalone Labview Webserver ? 

Thanks for any help in advance

Greetings Lomu

---German:---

Hallo,

ich habe in LabView eine Anwendung programmiert, die ein eigenes Gerät via RS232 steuert. Nun möchte der Kunde dies auch per Webpanel steuern können. Soweit wäre das alles kein Problem, ich habe durch meine Lizenz 5 Client-Lizenzen für WebPanel Anwendungen und diese würden vollkommen ausreichen. Jedoch verstehe ich nicht wie ich es dem Kunden ermöglichen kann das VI von seinen Servern aus anzubieten ohne das komplette LabView Paket zu kaufen, dass er garnicht benötigt. Das Gerät steht leider beim Kunden von dem her ist es mir unmöglich den Server hier laufen zu lassen. Gibt es irgendeine Möglichkeit ? Eventuell so etwas wie einen Standalone LabView Webserver oder ähnliches ?  

Danke bereits im vorraus für Ihre Antworten.

Grüße Lomu

Message Edited by lomu on 12-09-2008 03:27 AM
Message Edited by lomu on 12-09-2008 03:27 AM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,840 Views)

Ok found the Solution myself...actually quite easy 🙂  if anyone needs it...knowledgebase article 3U5H27MY.  

Thanks to the friendly NI engineer at the hotline.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,809 Views)