Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TLM 8700 New Focus/Newport Tunable laser driver

Does anyone has TLM 8700 Tunable Laser Labview driver? this is Tunable laser from New Focus/Newport. I wish to scan the laser both up in the wavelength and also down i.e. to say from 1520 to 1630nm and also from 1630 to 1520nm.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,024 Views)

Hello Mahesh,

Have you tried getting in touch with Newport?  It may be that the 8700 uses their common driver set, but I would verify that with them.  If you'd like to request for drivers to be added to NI's IDNet, you can do so here.

Tom L.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,009 Views)
Did anyone every find a solution for the TLM8700 driver to work in windows 7?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,499 Views)

Hey,

Could you please start a new thread? This thread is 4 years old and will most likely not get much traffic. You may find more help from the community with a new post. 

Spencer R | Applications Engineer | NI

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,492 Views)

I faced the same problem. I had to figure it out a little, and managed to recognize the basic commands for controlling this module. Based on these commands, I wrote a small library for LabView. In general, the library is working and allows you to use the basic functions of TLM. I'm not sure that you, more than ten years later, need these drivers, but perhaps its will be useful to other users.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(395 Views)