Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDS7704B saving waveform to a .csv file

I am using LabView to save a file as .csv file. I have a TDS7704B and I can save the image file as a JPEG but not the waveform as a .csv file. Here is my string inputs to NI VISA:

DATA:SOURCE CH1

SAVE:WAVEFORM:FILEFORMAT SPREADSHEETCSV

SAVE:WAVEFORM CH1 (DESTINATION AND FILE NAME)

EXPORT START

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,430 Views)

In the driver is an example called 'Tektronix 7000 Series Transfer Current Waveform to File'. The function it uses (Fetch Waveform to file), would be on your Data>Low Level palette.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,426 Views)

Good morning Dennis

This program saves the file on the host PC in a .txt format and the data is junk. I've attached 2 files. 1 is the .csv that I manually saved in the scopes directory and it has the data that I can look at. The other is the file saved by the program you mentioned and I need it in the .csv format so I can work with the data. Please feel free to give me a call on my cell if you want to talk about this.

Thanks for the help

Fred Sievert

Cell 719-235-0890

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,408 Views)

When you look at the block diagram of the fetch waveform to file, you will see that the data is saved to a binary file since the format of the data returned is the default of signed integer. If you want comma separated, you could change to ASCII format that the WAV? command will return. This will take much longer to transfer. It might make more sense to simply use the fetch waveform function. This will return a DBL array and you can then use the Write to Spreadsheet Function with that. A program to read the binary data is also pretty simple to write.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,405 Views)

Good Morning Dennis

Sorry to bother you again, but I'm not a programmer, more of a hacker.

I'm trying to write the waveform to the scope disk in .csv format. Attached is a view of the labView script I'm using. It saves the file with this string/code but always saves it as a JPEG, not.csv

I can do this manually, but haven't found the correct string to do this with LabView

thanks for your patience and help

Fred Sievert

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,397 Views)

I figured it out!! Attached is the method needed. Please feel free to share!!

Thanks again for your help and patience.

Fred Sievert

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,392 Views)

Hi,

I encountered the same problem here. Could you show me how to resolve it in more details.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,547 Views)