Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden 0xBFFF003A VISA error

Hello,

Im using a Chroma Power supply 62000P via USB cable (USB A to USB B), I have installed Keythey IO Suite 18.0 and NI MAX 17.0, NI VISA 15.0 and Labview 2012, I created a program to control the power supply and perform a sequence, all was working good for about 2 months, now I cannot connect, I get the error: VISA:  (Hex 0xBFFF003A) Unable to start operation because setup is invalid (due to attributes being set to an inconsistent state).

When using the VISA Test Panel and sending a ID command i get the same error.

Capture.PNG

I have tried restarting Computer, plugging the instrument again and reinstalling Keysight IO Suite, any ideas?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,459 Views)

Not sure why you need Keysight IO Suite installed.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,395 Views)

Did you ever figure this out. I installed a bunch of NI updates yesterday to LabVIEW 18 and now I can't talk to any of my Keysight devices. Getting this same error. I'd rather not install the Keysight I/O suite, but I'm out of ideas.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,057 Views)

@TobyD  ha escrito:

Did you ever figure this out. I installed a bunch of NI updates yesterday to LabVIEW 18 and now I can't talk to any of my Keysight devices. Getting this same error. I'd rather not install the Keysight I/O suite, but I'm out of ideas.

No, I had to uninstall everything, from Labview to VISA and keysight drivers of another device I had, then I installed Labview and Visa and the keysight drivers and it worked.

Message 4 of 5
(3,039 Views)

That's what I was afraid of. There goes my Monday! Thanks for the update.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,031 Views)