From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow NI MAX

It takes long time for NI MAX to be open on my PC (Windows10, NI VISA 17.00), Then when it is open I can not open VISA Options window(in tools/ NI-VISA/ Visa Option) and I see either timeout error or connect to database error, 

I have followed the suggestions mentioned in previous forums:

- Firewalls are disables completely,

- NI Configuration Manager in Service, is in running status,

- Keysight connection experts are disabled,

- disabled the network connection totally on my computer and tried to run NI MAX again

- Reset Configuration Data is done

- I reinstalled NI VISA totally and installed it again

but still my NI MAX opens so slowly and when trying to pen the VISA Options window, I see the error mentioning that it can't connect to database....

So I highly appreciate any other suggestions or idea to solve it.
P.S: although I should mention it that when I tried to open the NI MAX while I was connected to one different internet connection network (I did it both at job and at home with two different internet network connection), the opening time is still too long but I managed to open the Visa Options window.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,906 Views)

Hey Vima, 

Could you try disconnecting from any networks and seeing if the issues in MAX persist? Then from within MAX, select Tools » Reset Configuration Data in the rare case of database corruption. 

Otherwise Why Do I Get a Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX) Database Connection Error? has a long list of troubleshooting steps you could check out.

Let us know how you get on.

Henry

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,739 Views)

I have suffered from MAX (NI DAQmx 17.5) starting very slow (5 minutes) on one of our production machines.
It was stuck at loading plugins. When it finally was brought up, no System Resources nor PCI System Settings were available in the main window under System Settings. When Devices and Interfaces was expanded MAX became non responsive.
The reason was that a software "Windows Firewall Configuration Provider" had been installed by IT, uninstalling it solved our problems.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,514 Views)