Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simultaneous acquisition of waveforms from multiple channels of a NI PXIe-5105

Hello,

for my master thesis I work on setting up a test bench for short-time (< 1 microsecond) electric contact Interrupts using a NI PXIe-1082 System with a PXIe-9840 Quad Core and two PXIe-5105 Oscilloscopes.

Now to my question:

I am new to the usage of IVI Drivers and was wondering if it is possible to acquire waveforms from the 8 different channels of each oscilloscope simultaneous?
I know VIs can be called multiple times simultaneous, but what about the dll library the VI calls upon?

And can the device even handle simultaneous commands to different channels?

Greetings,

Max

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,388 Views)

Hi Max,

you can specify more then one channel when configuring your acquisition by separating the channel numbers with a comma.

A good example of this can be found in the LabVIEW Example Finder: "niScope EX Simulated Acquisition.vi"

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,367 Views)

Thx Alex, that helped a lot. I was using LabVIEW 2015 and didnt have the NI Scope VI-Set. Switched to 2017 and there they are! 🙂

I have another question: How can i perform an Auto-Trigger (triggering automatically at timeout when None of the specified Triggers happen)?

It works on the NI Scope Soft Panel and there is also an IVI-Driver for that function, but when i use it in my LabVIEW code i just get the error that this function is not avalible. Also i haven't yet found a NI Scope VI that can perform this mode.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,351 Views)