From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulate Hyperterminal "call" function in Labview

Hi,

I have a linear actuator which can run on Modbus serial communication protocol. By default, the device is in a digital communication mode. To enable the serial communication in hyperterminal, I disable the connection port; set up the parameters; hit "call"; turn the device on; then I can send a command massages to enable the serial communication. Then I can send any command in hyperterminal to control the device. I suppose anything that hyperterminal can do, Labview can do it too. I've tried some hyperterminal mimic VIs downloaded from here but they all did not have the "call" function built-in. A simple VISA write/read program also did not work. I assume that a "call" function in hyperterminal is just to send contiguous signals to the device (I only have one slave to control). I just do not know what signal and how it works. Any help or any example Vi will be highly appreciated. Thank you!

RayIon

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,365 Views)

Never mind. I've figured this out.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,352 Views)