From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulate GPIB Kethley 6430 using IVI driver

Hi Everyone, 

I'd like to know if there is a way to use IVI drivers to simulate a Keithley 6430, and also maybe a Keithley 2128. I don't have the device but I would like to make some tests, so simulating it would be very useful.

If it is possible? If yes how should I do it? Is there a tutorial?

Thanks, 

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,800 Views)
First you have find IVI drivers for them. NI does not have them. Check with Keithley.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,792 Views)

Hi Dennis, 

Thanks for your answer.

I do already have downloaded them, and they show something in Max but the drivers for the Keithley are Visa Drivers, and I can add an IVI control on the block diagram but I dont know what to do with it, as IVI is not Visa right.

What is the next step?

Thanks, 

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,781 Views)
An IVI driver does not have s block diagram. An IVI driver cannot be written in LabVIEW so I have no idea what you downloaded. Please provide the link.

An IVI driver is based on VISA and is written with LabWindows/CVI if it is an IVI-C driver. There are also IVI-COM and IVI-NET types. Please see www.ivifoundation.org for definitions.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,777 Views)

Hi Dennis, 

Thanks for your answer, 

I have downloaded the file from this link: http://www.keithley.com/base_download?dassetid=16504

As state on this webpage: http://www.keithley.com/products/dcac/sensitive/highresistance/?path=6430/Downloads#3, I have first downloaded and installed the 

and installed then the IVI driver from the previous link it gave me acces to some configuration under MAX, but I don't see it, on the front panel, in VISA Control List I only see it in the IVI control List.

Also, on the Keithley configuration panel, installed with the I/O Layer, whenever I change the configuration of simulated to TRUE it gets back to False by itself.

I know I am lacking some knowledge in with IVI driver, Thanks a lot for you help, 

Best Regards,

IVI.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,769 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,752 Views)