Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Siglent SDS 1000 2000 series acquire waveform.vi

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am student who is new to Labview and I am using LV 2020 community edition through virtual box. I was able to add a Siglent SDS 1202x-e O-scope through NI-Max as a networked device and it was validated. I confirmed through the NI-VISA Test Panel that the basic I/O write and query works, though read timed out Hex 0xBFFF0015(clipboard info pasted below). I installed the required drivers for the Siglent SDS 1000-2000 and I decided to test out the VIs that were associated with it. Every time I chose Run, LV is communicating with my O-Scope because it triggers the run/stop. Some of the time when I run the VI, I get an error 1073807239 Hex 0xBFFF0079. I tried finding more info through the board, but the best I could find was it's related to either too much information being sent or it may be that it can't read it from the source(which could be related to the timeout error). When it doesn't have this error, often by changing the channel from 1 to 2, I get a flat line on the Amplitude which is comparable to what I'm sending from my AWG. I once got a sine wave by tweaking some of the settings but I wasn't able to repeat the process. Does anyone know how to prevent the flat line and error from happening? Thanks in advance. Pictures included for context at the bottom of message.

Pasted from the VISA Test Panel Basic I/O text box

1: Write Operation (*IDN?\n)

Return Count: 6 bytes

2: Write Operation (*IDN?\n)

Return Count: 6 bytes

3: Read Operation
Return Count: 54 bytes
Siglent\sTechnologies,SDS1202X-E,SDS1EDEQ4R6286,1.3.26\n

4: Read STB Operation

Status Byte: 0

auto setup and reset set to true with flat line.auto setup and reset set to true with flat line.verify confirmedverify confirmedauto setup and reset set to false with flat lineauto setup and reset set to false with flat lineVI with added timebaseVI with added timebase

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,206 Views)

This may be due to the oscilloscope not responding in time.

I had similar problems before.

Tektronix TDS3012B : incorrect wave form acquirement 

I would recommend putting a DELAY after autosetup.

Message 2 of 5
(1,161 Views)

Thank you for the advice, I will try that in class today.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,148 Views)

Unfortunately, I still get a flat line. I tried adding a time delay with the stall data flow.vim that was suggested in your post, I placed it after the auto setup and before the siglent configure time base. I also adding another one before the read waveform in the hope that it was just an issue with the auto setup. But no luck so far.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,138 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author hwheeler

By switching the O-Scope to USB instead of LAN, I was able to get it to function with the delay.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,077 Views)