From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial/USB communication with Mbus via NImyRIO(Mbus-LabVIEW)

Solved!
Go to solution

Hii everyone,

I want to read electricity meter(Mbus) with LV. I am new with this protocol. My connection is as follows: Mbus meter to NImyRIO via serial/USB connection and myRIO hardware is connected to PC. 

I tried to send SND_NKE 10 40 00 40 16 (in string constant hex display- 1040 0040 16), however, I don't get any response. It should return E5, but I did not got any thing.

I attached my VI with this message.

My experience with this is not more. Hopefully someone can help me where I did mistake.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(949 Views)

Hi,

There's a forum thread (Problems with serial/usb communication with M-bus) where similar issue was solved.

Please take a look and see if it helps.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(908 Views)

Hii nbabajan,

Yes, I have looked into it and tried,  but it did not help me.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(902 Views)

Can you provide your M-Bus device documentation or specify what meter are you using?

Also, you're running the VI on MyRIO right?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(879 Views)

Hii nababajan,

Yes I am running my VI on myrio. I attached the datasheet of Mbus device and pegelwandler(convert Mbus to RS485).

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(873 Views)

Hi again, 

Thank you for provided documents, I'll try to figure the things up.

Meanwhile you can try using Modbus Library for LabVIEW (can install it using VIPM).

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(855 Views)

Hii nbabayan,

Yes, I know about Modbus library, but my meter works on Mbus protocol. there is a different version for Modbus available, but I don't have that. So I have to find solution for this Mbus protocol.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(847 Views)
Solution
Accepted by parthsuhagiya

Hii everyone,

I found the problem. when I put a probe on refnum after visa configuration, it showed me 9600 baud rate, I don't know why, because I made a constant of 2400 for that. than I deleted visa configuration VI and put a new. It is working now. 

Thank you for your help, time and support and sorry for inconvenience that I created.

I attached the final VI.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(839 Views)