From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial Transceiver APC220-43

Many thanks, the module has earned. If you will not complicate prompt please as the given way of transfer can be united with the module for an establishment of communication arduino.png

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 22
(5,010 Views)

Here are the VIs I modified to be able to use the APC220-43 with the Arduino Toolkit.

Message 12 of 22
(5,000 Views)

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 22
(4,997 Views)

Am also using APC220-43, and I really think your file going to help me a lot 
but you are using version 11, and am using version 10, your version is newer than mine
this is why they didn't run 
so do you have any solution for such a problem ?

Message 14 of 22
(4,873 Views)

Hello ,

I am trying to send command to arduino through labview wirelessly . It works in wired USB. But when i use RF communication (APC 220)http://wiki.openpilot.org/display/Doc/APC220+Transceiver+Telemetry   Through labview it does not works. Its working When i check RF (APC 220) directly in Arduino serial monitor. I am choosing correct COM port and baud rate is 9600. I am using arduino duemilanove board. 

Cable(USB)                     RF(APC220)

Arduino serial monitor         works                              works

Labview serial monitor         works                              not works???

my arduino program is

void setup() {

Serial.begin(9600); //initialize serial
pinMode(13, OUTPUT); //set pin 13 as output
}

void loop() {
while(Serial.available()){ //is there anything to read?
char getData = Serial.read(); //if yes, read it

if(getData == 'a'){
digitalWrite(13, HIGH);
Serial.print("LED On");
}else if(getData == 'b'){
digitalWrite(13, LOW);
Serial.print("LED Off");
}
}
}

I have attached my VI . If some one find solution please help me. Thanks in advance.

Even i tried with .Net serial read and write.vi ,  But it is not working................................ Please i need your help soon...........

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 22
(4,793 Views)

RF communication  component- APC 220 COM port looks like this in picture.It needs some troubleshoot. Even if i troubleshoot it , the condition is same. Firstly when i insert APC220 COM port is normal. Only when i use it in Labview program , It attains some trouble.

So i checked COM  port after installing Labview interface for Arduino, then alos there is some problem.

I am confused . What should i do??????? Any one please help me.

Please see the picture i posted. 

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 22
(4,790 Views)

Hi Guys,

I am using LabVIEW and sbRIO 9636 and APC220 and have got to the bottom of the problems. I will explain what needs to be done to get them working.

Firstly you need to use the RF Magic software to configure the 2 modules. On my setup the NET ID's are the same and the NODE ID's are different.

The other settings just need to be setup making sure you match the RF TX rates. The serial Baud need to be the same as the setting used in the visa open vi.

RF MagicPNG.PNG

Once the 2 APC220's have been configured in RF magic then you can begin coding,  below I have a screen shot of my initlise.vi.  From my investigations I dicovered while running at trace on the serial lines that RTS line was set to unasserted when using a console or any other method that worked to comunicate with the APC 220 including the .NET method mentioned above.  

Block Diagram.PNG

So if a VISA property node is dropped down and used to set the RTS state to unasserted the APC220 should work as required and serial communication will work as expected.

I hope this helps you guys if you are still trying to get this working.  If you still have any problems post back and I will try to help further.

Best regards

Matt

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 22
(4,711 Views)

Hello, I'm working on a school project and I'm using Labview to control an arduino uno wirelessly via apc220-43. I have been using Arduino toolbox for Labview for this purpose and manage to make it work through cable. Right now I am trying to intergrate apc220-43 into the system and have not had any success yet. apc220-43 are still in default setting I believe and work fine transmitting potentiometer values to arduino Serial Monitor, which lead me to believe they are not broken. I have tried matching the baud rate, etc, but still don't work. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 22
(4,639 Views)

Hi,

Sorry but i'm a newby in labview, i don't know how to use your VI, my dashboad works fine with arduino uno via usb/serial but i'm not able to use your Vi for apc 220 wireless comunications. Could you explain to me how to use it ?

Thanks,

JPM

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 22
(4,580 Views)

Hi,

My Vi is not a completed program it is only the initaliseation stay inorder to make it a complete program you must as the VISA read.vi or VISA write.vi VI's needed as well as the VISA close.vi.  

I have created a simple program that will write and read data from the serial port.

Post back with any questions

Matt Surridge

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 22
(4,559 Views)