Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial Connection Lost -1073807194

Dear All

I have  simple VI I am using to Transmit various different messages over a USB COM port (using FTDI chipset) to a device then carry out a subsequent RX. 

Some messages do not result in a reply back from my device and in this case  I do not experience a problem, however when I use a message (e.g. send a  status request) that causes my device to give a reply I get the "Connection for the given session has been lost" error whilst  attempting the RX.

My RX is achieved by using a using a VISA get property node to get the no. of received bytes and then feed this to a  visa read. It seems the error occurs at the visa read. It seems inconsistent as occasionaly the error is not generated on the first TX & RX cycle, or during  the first few.

Although I have read some similar posts on here concerning this there are a few gaps which I need to fill to help me resolve the problem. I am using LV 7.1 on winxp service pack 2.

1) How can I find out my version of VISA as i understand an out of date version could be the problem

2) I have tried the documented trick of using the VISA set I/O buffer size but am usure of what mask value should be used if it is failing on  RX

Any help much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,486 Views)

Hi

You can find the software version in MAx click on software in the right column.

Serial connection lost I do not recognize but is power handled correctly (how many mA is your device?)

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,477 Views)

Hi ATE Man,

I hope your well.

I am looking into your issue, but could you please only post once per issue.

I will only reply on your other thread (where there has been more activity).

This is the link.

Regards,

Kind Regards
James Hillman
Applications Engineer 2008 to 2009 National Instruments UK & Ireland
Loughborough University UK - 2006 to 2011
Remember Kudos those who help! 😉
Message 3 of 3
(3,462 Views)