From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send Universal Hart Command #54 using Labview Hart Example

Hello, 

I was able to communicate with a Hart Device using Labview Hart Example and Viator MacTek RS232 Hart Interface. I was able to read identifier, primary variables etc. There is a specific command - #54 Read Transmitter variable information (Serial, Range etc) that I want to query. I am not sure how to modify the VI to achieve this. The Hart example is attached. Any suggestions are appreciated. 

Thanks

Fliu

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,169 Views)

@FLiu wrote:

Hello, 

I was able to communicate with a Hart Device using Labview Hart Example and Viator MacTek RS232 Hart Interface. I was able to read identifier, primary variables etc. There is a specific command - #54 Read Transmitter variable information (Serial, Range etc) that I want to query. I am not sure how to modify the VI to achieve this. The Hart example is attached. Any suggestions are appreciated. 

Thanks

Fliu

I am sure some LabVIEW tutorials would come in handy. http://www.ni.com/academic/students/learn-labview/

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,162 Views)

Hi FLiu,

Its great to hear you have the example working!  I would like to ask what VI are are you trying to modify and what are you trying to achieve in querying this #54 command?

Aaron L.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 3 of 3
(5,136 Views)