Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send Image to Excel File without OFFICE kits?

Hello,

I know this Question are asked many time, but most soluion need extra LabVIEW Report Generation toolkit Or Office Toolkit.
It's not suit my need. I don't have though toolkit, can I  do the same result in using the basic Labview 7.1. with simple FILE I/O

Moreover, I need to send the Image in diiferent worksheet. Can I do that without those Kits?

Thankyou!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,083 Views)
You should post this question in the LabVIEW forum.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,070 Views)

Hi HeartShield,

Thanks for using National Instruments Discussion Forum.  Like smercurio_fc said if you post this discussion in the LabVIEW forum there better chances that more people that might have solutions to this problem will see it.  Anyway, since you don't have the Report Generation Toolkit the best way to interact with Excel from LabVIEW is by using ActiveX calls. A good place to start learning about ActiveX and LabVIEW is here. There is a great example program that shows the basics of interacting with Excel.  Also, in the NI Example Finder there is an example program that uses ActiveX to interact with Excel called Excel Macro Example.VI.  Both of these should give you a good idea how to achieve your goal.  I hope this helps you out.

Regards,

Michael
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,042 Views)
Hi

If you do a search on excel and labview in SF.net then you find a nice example from Johan Brohan.
Another one somewhat older is from Martin Vernhout using LVGOOP in LabVIEW zone (search for vernhout excel)
The last one is just like the other one dependent on the version of excel with thanks to microsoft for changing the activeX interface in each version of excel.
Just rewire the broken wires or change value to value2 and you should get the broken wires repaired.

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,026 Views)