Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen capture of Tektronix MSO4104B using LabVIEW

Solved!
Go to solution

thanks for your help,but it didn't work out yet.

I configure everything same with you except the connect interface(ethernet),but when I send out HARDCOPY START command,receiving nothing from the scope.what else can i do to word it out ?

0 Kudos
Message 41 of 49
(7,957 Views)

I suggest going to Tektronix Technical Support for an answer. See here:

http://www.tek.com/webform/technical-support-request

Please let us know if you find a solution!

0 Kudos
Message 42 of 49
(7,306 Views)
Besides contacting tek, your first approach is the manual. Verify each command is valid. Second, try the commands in the VISA test panels before writing any code. Third, if s command does not work the way you think it should, do an ERR? query and check the scope of it detected an error.
0 Kudos
Message 43 of 49
(7,301 Views)

I second what Dennis said.

To clarify: open up NI Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX) and verify that the instrument is being detected by MAX. If it is, then open up the VISA test panel, select the Input/Output icon at the top, then enter the associated SCPI commands and check for valid returned data.

You can also open the NI I/O Trace program and watch what is being sent to and received from an instrument, which I find quite helpful sometimes.

0 Kudos
Message 44 of 49
(7,296 Views)

hello

your solution is interesting , but being beginner somehow has access

all the functions included can you help me

thank you

0 Kudos
Message 45 of 49
(7,008 Views)

Allbig,

We have a pretty active community here at NI. I can see that the post you commented on hasn't been active for a couple of years. You might get a few messages but I would advise you make a new post with the same information with a link to this post so more people will be able to see it and add insight on your issue or gain knowledge from it.

Regards,

Ali S.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments

Regards,

Ali S.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 46 of 49
(6,984 Views)

@ali.s wrote:

Allbig,

We have a pretty active community here at NI. I can see that the post you commented on hasn't been active for a couple of years. You might get a few messages but I would advise you make a new post with the same information with a link to this post so more people will be able to see it and add insight on your issue or gain knowledge from it.

The discussion was already being done here: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/OSCILLOSCOPE-PICTURE-IN-LABVIEW/m-p/3303313#U3303313

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 47 of 49
(6,981 Views)

It works great!!  Thanks a bunch guys.

0 Kudos
Message 48 of 49
(6,246 Views)

Hello,

Do you know how to freeze the scope screen? because I want to read the data after an excitation signal off. The picture at below is part of the code. If to read the scope data directly, there is a time delay between channels.

image.png

0 Kudos
Message 49 of 49
(6,062 Views)