Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sample VIs for controlling power supply etc.

Hi everyone,
I have a question that I am hoping this forum can help me with.
I am very new to LabVIEW and have been asked to write a labview program for a lab test. I have been asked to measure and record the output of a certain DC-DC converter for a range of input voltages.

I have a Keysight N5752A DC power supply that I will be using to supply the input voltages. I am not sure of what instrument I will be using to measure and record the output voltages yet, most likely it will be a Tektronix oscilloscope.

I was able to discover the N5752A using NI MAX and was able to communicate with it over ethernet using SCPI commands. I've attached the VI I used for that purpose.

Does any one here have sample VIs that I can repurpose? Ideally I would want to be able to specify the output voltages of the DC power supply from Labview and then record the output voltages.

Thanks,
RJ

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,997 Views)

Here, this is based on GPIB communications.  For RS-232, one would simply add the Serial configuration after the VISA Resource Name.  Using an Ethernet control will be relatively similar only requiring the VISA controls to become Ethernet controls plus a CRC may need to be added at the end of the transmission or extracted from the data received.

LV2012 VISAwrc.png

Help the Community (and future reviewers) by marking posts as follows:
If it helped - KUDOS
If it answers the issue - SOLUTION
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,988 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. Since I am a beginner, please bear with the (probably stupid) questions.

1) When you say "requiring the VISA controls to become Ethernet controls", do you mean that the VISA resource name function should be changed in some way?

2) Can you explain what a CRC means and if it should be outside the case structure or inside?

Thanks,

RJ

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,975 Views)

You could try just downloading the LabVIEW drivers from keysight: https://www.keysight.com/main/software.jspx?cc=US&lc=eng&nid=-11143.0.00&id=1629756

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,972 Views)