Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SR830 Lock-in Amplifier GPIB Control

Hi everyone,

I have developed a vi for SR380 and I can control the device successfully. However, when I send a command (e.g. OFLT) to it, the device responses about 2 sec. later. Mainly, I have designed the vi using sequences in terms of each unit in the SR830. (For example "time constant" and "signal input" sections are in two successive stacked sequences). I have also tried commanding in Measurement and Automation Explorer, it works error free and fast. If I run the program, each sequence is processed again and again. I just want to send a single command about what I want to change, but it keeps overwriting. *RST command resets the device to its default values, when I reset it, then it updates (e.g. time constant) to a new value due to time constant control in another sequence. I am new to instrument control and LabVIEW, sorry for any misconceptions, and I'll appreciate any suggestions for the solution.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,554 Views)

Hi

You don't need stacked sequences for programming gpib. You can use simpler methods.

post your program including subvi's and I can give a try to streamline the speed.

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,546 Views)