Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SImulate Fluke 5700A

Is there a LabView simulator for an HP (Fluke) 5700A?  I need to develop a control application for this instrument, but I don't have one available immediately (May be months to acquire one).

Thanks,

XL600

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,305 Views)

XL600,

You can always use SCPI to program and query the instrument.  Look into the 'Remote Programming Reference Guide' for the commands that can be sent to the instrument remotely.  You simply need to use the VISA (Write, Read, and Close) primitives within LabVIEW.

Help the Community (and future reviewers) by marking posts as follows:
If it helped - KUDOS
If it answers the issue - SOLUTION
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,257 Views)

It looks like one doesn't exist. What function are you looking for? Maybe there's a similar application just for the function you need? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,250 Views)

I just need to simulate enough to get a VI written which will initialize and control the voltage output (On/Off, level) for an automated test.  Not having the instrument available makes this rather difficult if no simulator (IVI driver?) is available...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,247 Views)

This is an easy task.  The remote programming manual can be found at: 5700A Pgm Guide 

Create a CASE statement for simulation and one for actuation of hardware.

1. Make sure that the hardware when available, is connected and configured properly
  2. Perform a simple query (Unit should respond as stated in the guide)
    *IDN?
  3. Continue to setup the instrument as desired using the commands in the guide
  4. Add responses from the simulated case
Help the Community (and future reviewers) by marking posts as follows:
If it helped - KUDOS
If it answers the issue - SOLUTION
Message 5 of 5
(3,243 Views)