From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCPI-Command for PowerSupply Agilent N6700 to disable outputs if overcurrent occurs

Hello,
i´m working with a PowerSupply model Agilent N6700. This is only a mainframe which can have up to 4 modules integrated.

With SCPI-commands i can enable an OverCurrentProtection for each module (1..4) what is done with this command:
CURR:PROT:STAT ON,(@4)  (where 4 is the module-number)

What i am now looking for is a command which disables ALL 4 modules immediatly  when there was anOverCurrent on one of the modules.

For example first i set all 4 modules to 10V,1A, State=ON with OCP = 1A
Then there happens during testing an overcurrent on module 2 which disables currently only the output on this module.
But i want to disable ALL outputs immediatly if there was an overcurrent on any of the modules.

I know how to do it from external by checking all states with CURR:PROT:STAT? (@1) and if one of them wozuld be true to disable manually the outputs, but i want that the mainframe is configured to execute this by itself and to disable all outputs.

Is this possible?

Thanks for your help.

Message Edited by OnlyOne on 07-26-2007 11:37 AM

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,827 Views)
It may be faster to contact Agilent to get an answer.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,821 Views)
... or by reading the manual *g*:

OUTPut:PROTection:COUPle <Bool>

OUTPut:PROTection:COUPle?

Description

This command enables/disables output coupling for protection faults. When enabled, ALL output channels are disabled when a protection fault occurs on any output channel. The enabled state is On (1); the disabled state is Off (0). When disabled, only the affected output channel is disabled when a protection fault is triggered

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,805 Views)