From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rs-232 digital potentiometer using SPI and USB-6008

Hi

why can't it work?

and it seems you really are in a hurry after a few weeks silence

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19
(1,924 Views)

i tried a lot,it can not change the value of resistence of digi pot mcp41010..can you give me the right programme...

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19
(1,919 Views)

Hi Albert, Sorry I think there is some confusion.Smiley Happy Its another user who seems to be in a hurry after not myself.  I haven't had the chance to look back on it and it seems like I might not need it after all as I just purchased a couple of ICs that can better solve my problem. 

Ankitsharma. I suggest using possibly the 7555 as your clock signal 

Cheers, 

Darren 

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19
(1,913 Views)

can you briefly tell me,how can i use 7555 to generate the clock

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19
(1,911 Views)

@ankitsharma wrote:

can you briefly tell me,how can i use 7555 to generate the clock

Perhaps you should consider actually looking at a datasheet?

Message 15 of 19
(1,893 Views)

sorry Darren, did not look deep enough

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(1,881 Views)

hello

I know this is a fairly old post but I have a similar problem to control digital potentiometer with USB 6008 now. I also use SPI digpot

Did you succeed to change digital potentiometer resistance with USB 6008 using RS232? Can you give me clues about how can I do it? I don't quite understand with the attached files in this thread

I'm very stuck now

thank you

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(1,759 Views)

or did you just use arduino?

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19
(1,756 Views)

Hi kamil8,

To be clear, are you using LabVIEW, or another NI software product to communicate with the digital potentiometer, or is this a separate program using the DAQmx API?

I might suggest making a new thread for your question so that other forum responders can see that you have a new question and be more able to help you out, even if the question is similar (as you said, this is a fairly old thread).

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19
(1,735 Views)