From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read from MS2601B spectrum analyzer problem using GPIB

Hi,

I have MS2601B spectrum analyzer (anritsu), I want to read measurement data through the GPIB  from MS2601B.MS2601B can connect with GPIB and if change the PID of MS2601B manually(using front panel) and MAX show that change of PID.

But when I write or Query command like "INI \n" or "*IDN?" ,using "NI-488.2 Communicator",I get EABO error, I also try other commands too but unable to get any response.

Structure of commands written in manual is  

WRITE @101:"CNF 1MZ"

WRITE @101:"INI"

I am new to labview and spectrum analyzer.SO may be I am doing some kind of mistake. Does anyone know correct format of command for the MS2601B and guide me how to get the data from the instrument by GPIB?

I find  relative article but unable to solve it till now ,

http://forums.ni.com/t5/RF-Measurement-Devices/acquiring-data-from-old-spectra-analyzer-through-GPIB...

I am using "NI-488.2 Communicator", sample code given for .net for sending commands.

I attached screen shot of MAX with error and Version detail .

Any kind of assistance will be appreciated

Thanks  in advance

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,132 Views)

Within MAX did you do a scan to find all instruments connected to the GPIB?

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,107 Views)

I downloaded the driver from NI and it seems to what (\r)CR (\n)LF sent with every command. are you sending this.

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,101 Views)

Hello,

i've the same problem.

did you solved it?

Best regards

Daniele

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4