Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read data from Agilent 86100C Oscilloscope from GPIB interface

Hello everyone, 

trying to get my head around it. i am using Labview to control Agilent Oscilloscope 86100C to retrieve the signal and be able to plot the waveform in Labview. i have installed the device's drivers and used one of the existing example "Agilent 86100 Series Aquire Waveform.vi". when i run it i receiver an Error says : 

Error 1 occurred at Scan From String (arg 1) in Agilent 86100 Series.lvlib:Fetch Waveform (Normal).vi->Agilent 86100 Series.lvlib:Read Waveform (Single).vi->Agilent 86100 Series Acquire Waveform.vi

Not sure what exactly need me to do, but when i click on STOP in the Error window, it takes me where the Error has occurred Fetch Waveform (Normal).vi 

in this VI, the Error occurs in SCAN FROM STRING block as following. 

Error 1 occurred at Scan From String (arg 1) in Agilent 86100 Series.lvlib:Fetch Waveform (Normal).vi

i would be very much appreciate it, if someone could guide me on how to tackle this issue,

many thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,582 Views)

could it be that an empty string is returned?

so that scanning from that string generates an error?

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,560 Views)

Hi Albert,

Is there a command which i can use to check whether is empty or not?

best regards 

M,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,546 Views)

i have connected all VISA WRITE and Read to indicators to check if there anything comes out but there is nothing coming in the indicators. 

Please see the attachment of the modification in case i have done something wrong?

regards,

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,543 Views)

i have connected all VISA WRITE and Read to indicators to check if there anything comes out but there is nothing coming in the indicators. 

Please see the attachment of the modification in case i have done something wrong?

regards,

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,543 Views)
if any person have solved this problem??
请大家帮忙看看问题所在
ask your help to slove problem
可以加私聊要联系方式,以便及时沟通
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(1,148 Views)

Hi Jianxiaozi,

have you used the existing examples? do you have the same error I have or something different? 

best regards,

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(1,138 Views)

Yes, I used his example to find the same problem, and finally found that wait for acquisition complete.

And then I delete it, so VI goes through but it doesn't get the right waveform.

Do you have contact information or are you from China? I am afraid to solve the problem in the forum is not timely

请大家帮忙看看问题所在
ask your help to slove problem
可以加私聊要联系方式,以便及时沟通
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(1,121 Views)