Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RS232 with FPGA crio - anyone done this ?

Does anyone have code to receive RS-232 with FPGA?  I have downloaded RS-232 example that contains RS-232 transmit code, i just need receive to complete my interface.  any FPGA code would be appreciated.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(13,385 Views)

Attached is an updated version of the code on DevZone for LabVIEW FPGA 8 which includes code for reading and writing RS-232 data.

authored by
Christian L, CLA
Systems Engineering Manager - Automotive and Transportation
NI - Austin, TX

Message 2 of 12
(13,373 Views)
many thanks, any chance you can save as 7.1 ?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(13,373 Views)

The examples in this DevZone entry are written in LV 7.

authored by
Christian L, CLA
NI - Austin, TX

Message 4 of 12
(13,367 Views)

Thanks, that's the code I'm using for transmit.  Anyone using it should note the VISA read in "LVRT Serial Write.vi" should be set to synchronously, (change by right-click and note watch symbol is removed from top-right corner).

I'm stuck on LV7.1 for this project, I would be extremely grateful if you could “save as” 7.1 or print the VIs to .rtf and post.

My resulting cRIO RS-232 implementation will be shared, promise.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(13,337 Views)

The link I posted earlier includes both a Transmit and Read example. The direct link to the Read example code is

ftp://ftp.ni.com/pub/devzone/epd/fpgaserialread.llb

authored by
Christian L, CLA
NI - Austin, TX

Message 6 of 12
(13,322 Views)
many thanks, got confused somewhere along the way, I could have swore the original page had only serial write, and later thought I was back on the same page.  none the less, I have both write & read as good starting point for integration. Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(13,315 Views)
hello..... first: I am using fpga and crio.  when i use the analog module to get analog input, the value in my computer is digital not analog .is the result right.???? second: there is no sub. picture  in the fpga module, how can i do the sub.   
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(13,075 Views)

Hi fpga,crio,

What are the model numbers of the parts that you have? With Analog input DAQ devices there is usually an onboard ADC (analog-to-digital) converter. The ADC is an electronic device that converts an analog voltage into a digital number that you can send to the computer for interpretation using the computer I/O interface circuitry. The Analog input circuitry combines with the ADC to acquire an analog signal so that you can measure the level, shape or frequency of that signal. With analog input you are basically converting real world voltages into digital values that your computer can display and analyse.

Check this link out, to learn more about Analog input and DAQ:
http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/3216

I'm not sure what you mean by "sub" or "picture"? can you elaborate on this.

Kind Regards,

Kurt
NIUK Applications Engineer.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(13,028 Views)
Does the example (http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/2164) work on LVRT 9?  I am using cRIO 9014/9116 + 9403 digital module.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(6,996 Views)