From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quantum Composer Pulse generator 9518+ control via Labview

Hello!

I am trying to implement my own labview program to control my pulse generator from QC. As a first step I try to use the example program written by QC. However, I get an error as follows:

Error -1073807339 occurred at VISA Read in Quantum Composers 9000 Series.lvlib:Utility Write to Instrument.vi->Quantum Composers 9000 Series.lvlib:Initialize.vi->Quantum Composers 9000 Series Initiate Pulses.vi

Possible reason(s):

VISA: (Hex 0xBFFF0015) Timeout expired before operation completed.

It seems like the problem occurs in the write function within the initialize vi. I have tried to increase the timeout, but it does not seem to help.

Very grateful for all help!

Best,

Lukas

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(861 Views)

I believe you're using the example,

santo_13_0-1617732980819.png

Few things to troubleshoot

1. Check the 'VISA Resource' name specified in the VI
  2. Make sure the cabling between the instrument and the system is proper
  3. Based on the communication method, verify the settings in NI MAX (for GPIB, like termination character etc.,)

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(820 Views)