Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulse Delta Sweep K6621/2182A - Real time Read and Process

Hello everyone,

I am trying to implement a way to perform a Pulse Delta sweep (linear) using the combination of a K6221 and 2182A. My goal is to perform the pulse sweep, to read the data and process them in real time. What I mean by processing is the following: register the resistance value after each pulse and check if these values are in a certain interval. 

So, one knows that during a pulse delta, the system performs schematicaly like this: 

1) send low current pulse

2) send high current pulse

3) send low current pulse

4) repeat while increasing the high current pulse amplitude. 

--> every data are registered in the buffer and be read at the end of the process when the maximum current value (define by the user) is reached.

What I would like to do: 

1) send low current pulse

-> read the resistance value and process it somewhere else in the program

2) send high current pulse

3) send low current pulse 

4) repeat while increasing the high current pulse amplitude. 

For the moment, I have a program that send single pulse of different amplitude (low and high) and the program save the values of interest between each pulse. This method is absolutely not efficient, because the program needs to close the source and open it again for every single pulse. 

Does somebody have a clue on how to do that with labview ?

Thank you for your help. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,852 Views)

As a start, post your code and we'll see how we can improve that.   (Clean it up as much as you can, and make sure you save the settings you are using as defaults for the controls so we can see them. )

You should not need to open and close the source between every pulse, that should be an easy fix.  However, this method will be orders of magnitude slower than the built in delta measurement because reading a single value for every pulse rather than buffering and reading back at the end is much slower.

Craig

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,839 Views)

Hi Craig, 

Here, I zipped the two codes that I currently have. The code "PulseDelta_one" is the one that open and close the source every time. The second one is an attempt to use the the build-in Pulse Delta sweep function of the k6221 (but it does not work). 

To not hesitate to let me know if you need more clarification. 

Regards

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,832 Views)

Your code is very messy and hard to follow.  I'll have a look, but your use of OBL, sequence structures, left to right and down to up wires makes it unlikely I'll want to spend that much time trying to sort it out.  

Are you starting from scratch with these SCPI commands? Why aren't you using the delta measurement example that Keithley provides in the 6221 driver as a starting point? 

Craig

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,812 Views)