Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with the Measurement and Automation utility

I am interfacing my instruments using GPIB NI488.2 software for Win 95 on a Win 95 platform. Everytime I restart the computer and click on the Measurement and Automation icon the computer goes dead. The utlity doesnt' seem to work. My hardware and software installation tests have been successful but the problem is that M& A icon is showing errativ behaviour. Can anyone suggest what could be wrong?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,249 Views)
Hi,

Try launching the MAX software direct instead via the desktop short-cut or try re-installing the Measurement & Automation software.

Ray.
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,249 Views)
Hi!

Thank you for your help. But I have already tried doing that and it still hangs everytime I have restart the computer.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,249 Views)
There have been SEVERAL complaints of odd behavior of Windows 95 many of which have been solved by upgrading to Windows 98.

Barring such a situation. The 1.70 GPIB driver was designed for the newer Windows operating systems (2000/ME).

Try installing the 1.60 driver, if it is not already installed. Don't forget to uninstall the current driver. A similar situation might arise with other drivers installed (DAQ/FieldPoint/etc).

Randy Solomonson
Application Engineer
National Instruments
Message 4 of 4
(3,249 Views)