From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem of NI VISA driver configuration for Arduino R3 Uno

Solved!
Go to solution

Good Morning, my name is Leong. Currently I have the problem of NI-VISA Driver configuration for Arduino. After I download the NI-VISA driver from NI website, I running NI-VISA drivers and select which type of hardware bus should I select. After I select the type of hardware bus, the NI-VISA prompt me to select the device ID that I have been installed, my device ID for Arduino R3 UNO is USB\VID_2341&PID_0043. I select my device ID and click the next button. I the click next button, the screen displayed as the below:

Installation Options Screen.jpg

I choose to install the generated files on this computer and click finish. After I click finish, the error screen displayed as below:

NI-VISA error message.jpg

May I know that what is the problem so I know how to solve the problem? Thank you for your kindness help.

Regards,

Leong

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,269 Views)
Solution
Accepted by ArduinoProject

do not use the device driver wizard, just select the serial port you need in VISA

greetings from the Netherlands
Message 2 of 6
(6,262 Views)

Thanks, Albert. I solved the problem based on your solution you provided. It works!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,253 Views)

You were not the only one who tried the hard way. The instrument driver wizard should start with the remark:

Are you sure that there is no driver available on the instrument driver network

and are you sure that a serial port that has a driver installed already does not need a driver made by this wizard?

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,240 Views)

Dear Albert Geven,

Thank you for your solution provided to me. I connect my device with Labview, it works.

I realized that serial port that has a driver installed already.

Regards,

Leong Yun Siong

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,215 Views)

add other useful links, greetings

Getting Started With the LabVIEW Interface for Arduino

http://vishots.com/getting-started-with-the-labview-interface-for-arduino/

Ready to get started?

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-16204

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6