From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in shoing correct identication number of instrument

Dear Sir/Madam

I have connected GPIB to the EG&G lock in amplifire. Then I scan the instrument using Measurement and Automation analyzer to check the instrument number? But I get a different number everytime i scan the instrument. For your better understanding to my question, I have attached a file and rounded the identification numer, which chaged everytime i scan. Can you please give me a solution to this problem?

Thank you

with regards

Barik

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,944 Views)

Th lockin does not give an ID on the normal ID question (it was already old when that was standardized). 

Instead it is giving the result of a reading. That is why it sems changing.

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,943 Views)

Hi

Thanks 4 reply. I am able to identify the GPIB address, but it is not showing instrument name. It is showing like +00000, +00000. This number keeps on changing. I also tried to make a programme and start running the programme. However, the programme just stuck after initialization. Plz help me to get rid of this problem

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,928 Views)

The fact that MAX does not display an instrument name is not important. As Albert said, the instrument does not support the *IDN? query. You simply ignore what is there.

Unless you attach what you wrote, no one can help you fix a problem. Obviously, any code that contains a *IDN? query is going to be invalid.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,925 Views)

Hi

Thanks for reply. If you see the attached file, u can know that the instrument is not responding even after giving a correct gpib address.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,909 Views)