Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in shoing correct identication number of instrument

Dear Sir/Madam

I have connected GPIB to the EG&G lock in amplifire. Then I scan the instrument using Measurement and Automation analyzer to check the instrument number? But I get a different number everytime i scan the instrument. For your better understanding to my question, I have attached a file and rounded the identification numer, which chaged everytime i scan. Can you please give me a solution to this problem?

Thank you

with regards

Barik

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,923 Views)

Th lockin does not give an ID on the normal ID question (it was already old when that was standardized). 

Instead it is giving the result of a reading. That is why it sems changing.

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,922 Views)

Hi

Thanks 4 reply. I am able to identify the GPIB address, but it is not showing instrument name. It is showing like +00000, +00000. This number keeps on changing. I also tried to make a programme and start running the programme. However, the programme just stuck after initialization. Plz help me to get rid of this problem

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,907 Views)

The fact that MAX does not display an instrument name is not important. As Albert said, the instrument does not support the *IDN? query. You simply ignore what is there.

Unless you attach what you wrote, no one can help you fix a problem. Obviously, any code that contains a *IDN? query is going to be invalid.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,904 Views)

Hi

Thanks for reply. If you see the attached file, u can know that the instrument is not responding even after giving a correct gpib address.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,888 Views)