Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phase noise measurement with Agilent E4440A

Yeah, I have checked with the manual of  the instrument.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 22
(2,359 Views)

Then it would appear that whatever changes you made to the VI messed it up.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 22
(2,356 Views)

But I still can't find the problem caused the failure of the measurement.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 22
(2,347 Views)

Hey Colin,

Which of the below shipping examples for this driver did you start with in order to create your Agilent ESA PSA Phase Noise Log Plot Measurement VI? The error that you are receiving is usually thrown when an instrument receives an unknown command. If you believe that the command string that you are writing is correct from what you have read in the programmers manual, then it might be a good idea to contact Agilent and ask them to verify it for you. Also, if you are looking to add extra functionality such as adding a decade table, then you will need the commands to return this table information and you can then display it in a LabVIEW array or other front panel control. 

examples.jpg

I hope this helps. Have a good weekend!

Lars

NI R&D

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 22
(2,306 Views)

Hi Lars,

Thank you for your reply.

The error occured in the subVI "Configure Log Plot.vi", the error is "-113, undefined header"(see attachment), could you help me to analyze the error?

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 22
(2,292 Views)

Hi, Colin,

Maybe you already resolve the problem. here is what I have found out: the command ":LPL:FREQ:SPAN:BAND:RAT:AUTO ON; " should be ":LPL:FREQ:SPAN:BAND:RES:RAT:AUTO ON;" for auto ratio configuration. otherwise, add "RES" in between "BAND:RAT" for manually setup. 

It works find with my software without the "undifined file header" error. 

regards

CQ
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 22
(2,178 Views)

Hello Colin,

The manual states that "RES" is an optional instruction.  That being said, would you mind removing the "RES" command and let us know if you experience or don't experience the "undefined file header" error?

Regards,

Shawn S. | NIC
Instrument Driver/IVI PSE
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 22
(2,149 Views)

Hi, Shawn

I tested with my PSA. although "RES" is an optional instruction, the system gave me "undefined file header" error when I removed it. Don't know why. but it just fixed the problem. 

best regards

CQ

CQ
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 22
(2,141 Views)

Which firmware version are you using?

Regards,

Shawn S. | NIC
Instrument Driver/IVI PSE
National Instruments
0 Kudos