From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXIe-8301 Thunderbolt 3 thread pitch.

Solved!
Go to solution

What is the thread pitch/screw size for the holes next to the Thunderbolt 3 ports on the card?  Are there any readily available retaining clips that are compatible?  Thunderbolt 3 is great but in a busy production environment it's easily disconnected or damaged with a bump or tug.  I think the larger one is 4-40 but not sure about the smaller hole.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,534 Views)

I think you need to get this cable retainer - I would assume these are compatible as Thunderbolt cables are fairly industry standard.

https://www.sonnettech.com/product/thunderlok3.html 

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,511 Views)

Santo_13,

Thank you but unfortunately the screw for the Sonnet is a 4-40.  The screw hole on the side is smaller.  I've looked through various manuals and forums but have not found a single mention of the specs or any hardware made for this.  There has to be something, thank you again.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,495 Views)

Well, that is rather surprising, there is no trace of documentation of that screw.

You will get an answer if you contact NI Support

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,492 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ETTech

That's an M2 nut above each connector. The holes at either side are 4-40

- Robert

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,485 Views)

Thank you!