Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI/VISA issue

I am having an issue with a PXI test stand.  The hard drive crashed on our PXI controller and we are starting it over from scratch.  We have installed the same versions of LabView and Test Stand that were on the previous controller.   We are trying to run controller tests from a network folder, but have encountered an issue with one VI developed a number of years ago.

The problem is with the VISA Find Resources VI.  The software developer created a FIND PXI CARD VI, which scans and locates the PXI card using VISA.  No PXI cards would show on the list when we ran the VI.

We then searched the web and found that we need to create VISA drivers for the PXI cards in our system.  After doing this, we were then able to run the VI and it located all five cards in our system.

The problem is now, our SCXI modules do not communicate with our PXI cards because the DAQ drivers seem to be gone.  We are not able to connect a SCXI module with a PXI card in Measurement & Automation Explorer.

Could someone please offer support for this issue?  If you need anymore information, please let me know.  Could this be a driver issue?

Thanks,

Mark
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,766 Views)
Hello Mark,

I was wondering what DAQ card you are using?  If you are using a National Instruments DAQ device, you can find which driver you need to install here.  You will definitely need the proper driver for the card to communicate with your SCXI modules.

Have a great day.
O. Proulx
National Instruments
www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,743 Views)