Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCMCIA GPIB, yellow exclamation point in Windows Device Manager

I have a NI PCMCIA GPIB card.  The computer will recognize the card in the system tray but the 488.2 Measurement and Automation program doesn't see the card under Devices and Interfaces selection.  Also in the Windows Device Manager it has a yellow exclamation and is attached to National Instruments GPIB Interfaces.  I'm using a PCI to PCMCIA Controller Card model# Ricoh RL5C475 and in Device Manager under PCMCIA socket it lists two, a PCMCIA Card Services and the RIcoh RL5C475.

The GPIB Card in Device Manager under Properties it says the drivers for this device need to be reinstalled (code 7), but I have tried this already.

In Device Manager under Resources it says this device isn't using any resources because it is not currently enabled or has a problem.  If I select Set Configuration Manually the Conflicting device list shows some conflicts.  The I/O Range is automatically set at 0000-001F and the Interrupt Request is automatically set at 00.  The I/O Range is conflicting with Motherboard resources and Direct memory access controller.  The Interrupt Request 00 is conflicting with the System timer. 

Can you help me in clearing up the I/O and IRQ conflicts to allow the card to work properly?  If you don't think that this is the problem please list some other possible causes. 

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,303 Views)
I tried using a PCI to PCMCIA adapter card some time ago, but it was a real hassle, and I ultimately just got a PCI card.  I would suggest making sure the PCI to PCMCIA adapter is working correctly, and that is has the most current drivers.  My guess is that no PCMCIA device will work.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,299 Views)
Hi,

sorry but here is my experience with my Ricoh R5C475 II ( the L is
different from you )

using a PCI-PCMCIA converter is probably not a good choice for using
GPIB, even if an NI-PCMCIA board is available.
Such converters works well for WI-fi boards and on a given OS (XP).
Outside this, the high bandwith requirements of GPIB outperforms
probably the PCI-PCMCIA converter or the NI board uses some PCMCIA mode
not in the standard or not in the converter ...
Briefly, buying an (eventually low cost ) PCI-GPIB board is the only
option I can see for you.

N.B.: With analyzer NI-PCMCIA GPIB+ , the problems are bigger ...

Regards,

FG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,288 Views)