Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI-GPIB with G5 Running Mac OS 10.4 and LabVIEW 7.1

I have tried to install NI-488.2 v2.3 on a G5 running Mac OS X 10.4 and LabVIEW 7.1.  I have found the specific instructions on installing this on Mac OS X 10.4, and on the 5th step on the installation instructions is says "

• Go to a command prompt and type the following command (no quotes) "sudo /Library/Receipts/nivisaruntimei.pkg/Contents/Resources/palModuleMgr.sh -i -t userDaemon -s boot /Library/Frameworks/coldplugenum.framework" and enter your primary user's password.

• When I go to /Library/Receipts/  there is no nivisaruntimei.pkg listed and I am not able to complete this step.

The Instructions are located at http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/6C132915E76BE4628625703E007C83BD

If anyone could help, that would be greatly appreciated.

THanks

0 Kudos
    Message 1 of 6
    (3,511 Views)
    Hello,

Did you install NI-VISA v3.3 or later for Mac OS X?

Scott B.
    GPIB Software
    National Instruments
    Message 2 of 6
    (3,504 Views)
    That was the problem thanks for pointing that out.  It even says it in the install notes and I missed it.

0 Kudos
    Message 3 of 6
    (3,495 Views)
    Glad you were able to get it going.  I apologize for the inconvenience of having to go through all those steps on Tiger.  It released just after our driver did.  We will be fixing that in the next release of NI-488.2 for Mac OS X.

Scott B.
    GPIB Software
    National Instruments
    0 Kudos
    Message 4 of 6
    (3,481 Views)
    I just posted this question on the main board, but thought I ought to put it here as well.

I've followed the intstructions posted above, but my attempts were not completely successful. It seems that the driver is now installed correctly, but the NI-488.2 Troubleshooting Wizard fails. The first of three tests passes, i.e., the NI-488.2 Software Presence Verified, but the next one fails. The hardware is not detected apparently. The hardware is a new PCI-GPIB.

Any advice? Thanks for your time.

Sean M.
    0 Kudos
    Message 5 of 6
    (3,412 Views)

This duscussion continutes at the following link:

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=145768

Message Edited by Chris_R. on 10-06-2005 10:05 AM

Message Edited by Chris_R. on 10-06-2005 10:06 AM

Chris R.
    Applications Engineer
    National Instruments