From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Operating issues with calibrator Fluke 5720A

Hi.

I'm using a usb-gpib-hs to communicate with a Fluke 5720A through a self written code with pyVisa. I'm having trouble when i try to apply voltages above 22V, i'm able to put the voltage value in the calibrator, but i can't apply the operate command, the operate command takes the equipament off the standby mode.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,094 Views)

Hello,

Have You tried to configure IVI drivers ?  Or I'll suggest  to check the DLL driver for Your Fluke device.  

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,050 Views)

Well, you can configure a max voltage, at least for the 5700, so I assume same for the 5720. Maybe it's set in your gear?

I usually set this value while programming and working with DUTs that don't like 1kV 😉    that magic white smoke is usually hard to get back into them 😄

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,047 Views)

Thank you for the replies.

I found out there's a configuration that inhibits the "OPER" command when some kind of flags are marked, the solution is simply clear the flag counter and go on.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,027 Views)