Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old visa Open, Error : VISA: (Hex 0xBFFF00A5)

I m getiing an error while connecting a Visa session to the functions Old Visa Open, Visa Open.

Error -1073807195 occurred at VISA Open in Untitled 1
Possible reason(s):
VISA:  (Hex 0xBFFF00A5) The interface type is valid, but the specified interface number is not configured.

It is a thired party device (sorenson power supply) that has GPIB port. For the testing purpose the device is not connected to the PC through the PCI GPIB card. For the time being let me consider the device is not purchased. Should we provided with the Instrument that connected to the PCI GPIB expansion slot and appropriate driver installed in to the PC? If so will it be displayed in MAX? And the interface number will also provided?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(10,342 Views)
A couple of things. Do not use the 'Old' VISA Open. If you have a driver with it, replace it with the VISA Open on the palette. Second, that error message does not make any sense if you do not have the instrument connected to the GPIB controller. Do you have an NI GPIB controller? I've seen that error when a non-NI controller is used. Third, if you have an NI controller and with the instrument connected, you right click on the controller listing and select Scan for Instruments. It will return a list of all instruments and their addresses. In LabVIEW, you can then click on the arrow of the VISA Resource name control and select from a list.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(10,335 Views)

I am getting almost same problem. Trying to connect PSM1735 NumetrtiQ via RS232 but getting "Error -1073807253 occurred at VISA Read in Serial_connection.vi" Possible reason(s): VISA:  (Hex 0xBFFF006B) A framing error occurred during transfer.

Can you please tell me what is happening. IO added my VI

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(9,287 Views)

Hi

most probably you are using the wrong serial parameters for the serial line.

Check double for baudrate and stop characters and handshake in the manual.

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(9,277 Views)

I got this same error when I tried to open a session handle:

viOpen (rmSession, "VXI0::65::INSTR", VI_NULL, VI_NULL, &S);

The odd thing was my code worked fine on another computer with the same cards. The issue turned out to be that on *this* computer the controller cards had been reassigned to VXI1. Consequently, when my code tried to initialize VXI0 it would fail. I could have just changed my code but for my situation it made more sense to change the controller to 0 (I had to delete the unused one) in NI MAX.

Hope this helps someone.

Message 5 of 7
(9,154 Views)

hello,

I am also using PSM1735,and the error that u got in 2010,i am also getting the same error.May I know how u resolved it?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(6,232 Views)

Hello,

I can't remember now, it has been long time and I have changed job as well.

Sorry

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(6,219 Views)