Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Agilent PNA SCPI

Hi all,

I realise I would be better posting this at the Agilent website, however aside from containing broken links all over the place, a broken search bar in the forum and the most complicated board to post on I have ever used (still can't find the new topic button).... I thought I would come somewhere a bit nicer...

I am trying to program an instrument driver in LabVIEW for an old PNA E8364A running firmware A.04.87. Does anyone have a manual for this piece of equipment with that version firmware? I tried using a newer version of the documentation but half of the SCPI commands won't work and unfortunately Agilent have removed the documents from their site and haven't responded to my request for the manual (probably because it is no longer supported)...

I'm guessing some time around 2005(ish) they standardised the firmware of the PNA to use CALC, but not sure what it was before that.... can anyone shed any light?

For example, in a newer PNA, CALC:FORM? will return the current display format, but what did it used to be in firmware 4.87?

Many thanks,

Olly

**********************************************************************************************
The day is quickly coming when every knee will bow down to a silicon fist, and you will all beg your binary gods for mercy.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,245 Views)

I am not sure what you were doing or where you were looking, but http://na.tm.agilent.com/pna/firmware/firmware.html  is an excellent place to start

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,238 Views)

Thanks for the reply nyc.

The link you provided is broken. However if you do navigate around that site a bit you will find the manual I am after listed. However that link is also broken (http://na.tm.agilent.com/pna/help/pnahelp_487.chm).

I'm kind of hoping someone might have an old copy kicking around on their PC they could provide.

Olly

**********************************************************************************************
The day is quickly coming when every knee will bow down to a silicon fist, and you will all beg your binary gods for mercy.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,235 Views)

I have an old copy of the chm and pdf for the manual. They are big files chm is ~13MB and the PDF is ~18MB.

Give me a direct email address and I will try to zip and send to you.

Message 4 of 7
(4,232 Views)

@nyc_(is_out_of_here) wrote:

I am not sure what you were doing or where you were looking, but http://na.tm.agilent.com/pna/firmware/firmware.html  is an excellent place to start

All you had to do was click on the link to the main PNA webpage and then back.

The Agilent website is a little weird about direct linking apparently.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,221 Views)

Thanks SunshineDesign!

I'll message you my email address.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,205 Views)

Sent to you this morning.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,196 Views)