Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Obtaining Data from Two Fluke Norma Analyzer

Hello All,

I have two Fluke Norma 5000 Power Analyzer. I need to save data from two power analyzer in PC. Using Norma Software I able to  see only connection option for a single Analyzer. Is there a work around to store data from two power analyzer in PC using LAN or other communication mode. I am newbie to NI systems so please could you give references related to this issue. Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(1,497 Views)

You can perform this task outside of the Norma Software using the SCPI commands in Section 4 of this manual.  Fluke also has a LabVIEW driver available for download from their site.

Help the Community (and future reviewers) by marking posts as follows:
If it helped - KUDOS
If it answers the issue - SOLUTION
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(1,427 Views)

Thanks Minions for the reply. Can it be done through Labview 2020 . I have installed the instrument drivers, and I used their "Getting Started" VI example but it still works only for one instrument. I am unable to find any online references for interfacing two instruments. Can you let me know briefly the steps for interfacing them.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(1,417 Views)

How are these instrumented together?  What bus are you using to communicate with these instruments (IEEE-488, USB, RS-232,...)?  You will need to establish two separate connections in order to communicate with the two separate instruments.

If it helped - KUDOS
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(1,392 Views)

Thanks Minion for the reply.

I am using LAN connection (TCP/IP) where I am connecting the Analyzers to a LAN switch (have not yet able to establish connection with both). I also have option to connect to PC using one RS 232 and one TCP/IP. But I am not able to connect using Labview or default software.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(1,383 Views)

Once you establish connections with one of the instruments, you will need to close that connection then open the other address in order to talk to the other instrument.  You will not be able to keep both opened at the same time unless your system has multiple LAN connections for that purpose.

If it helped - KUDOS
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(1,370 Views)

Thankyou Minions for the Reply. I am not able to understand by the term "Multiple LAN" Connections.

So what is your suggestion if I want to see and save Input Side data in one Analyzer and Output side data in another analyzer.

Is it possible using One RS232 and One Ethernet connection in PC or using ethernet for both analyzers connected using LAN switch. As Labview purpose is to integrate multiple instruments, there should be some way to integrate two analyzers. 

Thanking you

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(1,361 Views)

Sacde, Yes, using the two busses would be better and allow for continuous connections to both instruments (1 on the Serial RS-232 and the other across TCP/IP).

If it helped - KUDOS
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(1,346 Views)