From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NIMax unable to start correctly (0xc000007b) - Application Error

I had the NIMax running fine and then I had to install software for R&S CMW100. During that installation, I had to uninstall/reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable to get it going. After that, I got an error when I launch NIMax. My Labview version is 19.5. I've tried to repair/uninstall/reinstall Labview VI driver to get the NIMax reinstalled. But I still got this error message. I can't run NI Max right now. Need help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,923 Views)

Hi, Sorry I don't have the solution but I have exactly the same problem caused by doing the same thing, uninstalling and reinstalling the Visual C++ redistributable. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,213 Views)

This thread is a bit old but for the record, I fixed my problem by looking at the list of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables in "Programs and Features" on a different computer with LabVIEW and MAX installed. My LabVIEW is 2017 and the Visual C++ Distributable 2015 (x86) was missing. I found a download on the net and installed it and the problem was cured.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,210 Views)