Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI pci gpib not recognized by agilent IO Config/Connection Expert

I have been trying to get a NI PCI GPIB configured through either Agilent IO Config (M.01.01.04 library) or Connection Expert (IO Library 14) in order to work with HP ChemStation G1701BA for an HP 5890 GC Series II. I have installed/reinstalled/uninstalled in many different ways, but it doesnt seem to work.

When I install the NI 488.2 drivers, the card is recognized only through the NI software/configuration program, but I need to manipulate the SICL name and bus address in order to get the card to work with ChemStation. I cant seem to find these options within the NI configuration program (Automation something or another).

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,753 Views)

Why would you expect an Agilent configuration utility to work with an NI board? It would be just as silly to expect MAX to configure an Agilent controller. It's like expecting an nvidia graphics card to work with drivers from ati.

SICL is something unique to Agilent controllers, if I remember correctly. The address of the controller is settable in MAX (measurement & automation explorer) but I think you should really be talking to Agilent.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,742 Views)