From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-Serial Troubleshooting or PXI-8432/4 Self-test causes BSOD

I have a PXI-8432/4 in a PXIe chassis and it is causing Blue Screen Of Death crashes (driver_verifier_dma_violation). In NI MAX, I can open a test panel for each port, but if I try to self-test the card, the computer (Windows 10) crashes. If I try to run NI-Serial Troubleshooter, it crashes. When I run my TestStand sequence, it crashes. 

I have NI-Serial Configuration 20.0 and NI-Serial Runtime 20.0. I have previously tried NI Serial 18.1 and 19.5, with the same results. 

I have tried repairing NI Serial, I have uninstalled and reinstalled NI Serial, then I uninstalled and reinstalled all of my NI software. 

I have tried disabling Driver Verifier and it doesn't help. I'm running out of things to try. Anybody have any suggestions? 

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,165 Views)

With some help from NI Technical Support, I disabled 'Intel Virtualization Technology' and 'VT for Direct I/O' in the BIOS. After disabling these, I am able to self-test the Serial cards and DMM without crashes. 

Message 2 of 4
(1,089 Views)

Thanks for this Solution! Disabling Virtualization and VT for Direct IO Works for me with PXI 8432/4 with PXI Chassis 1088 and Thunderbolt Link 8301 on Dell Laittude 7420.

Message 3 of 4
(1,009 Views)

dersparrow - happy my suffering helped you out. 😀

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(954 Views)