Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-Serial Troubleshooting or PXI-8432/4 Self-test causes BSOD

I have a PXI-8432/4 in a PXIe chassis and it is causing Blue Screen Of Death crashes (driver_verifier_dma_violation). In NI MAX, I can open a test panel for each port, but if I try to self-test the card, the computer (Windows 10) crashes. If I try to run NI-Serial Troubleshooter, it crashes. When I run my TestStand sequence, it crashes. 

I have NI-Serial Configuration 20.0 and NI-Serial Runtime 20.0. I have previously tried NI Serial 18.1 and 19.5, with the same results. 

I have tried repairing NI Serial, I have uninstalled and reinstalled NI Serial, then I uninstalled and reinstalled all of my NI software. 

I have tried disabling Driver Verifier and it doesn't help. I'm running out of things to try. Anybody have any suggestions? 

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,171 Views)

With some help from NI Technical Support, I disabled 'Intel Virtualization Technology' and 'VT for Direct I/O' in the BIOS. After disabling these, I am able to self-test the Serial cards and DMM without crashes. 

Message 2 of 4
(1,095 Views)

Thanks for this Solution! Disabling Virtualization and VT for Direct IO Works for me with PXI 8432/4 with PXI Chassis 1088 and Thunderbolt Link 8301 on Dell Laittude 7420.

Message 3 of 4
(1,015 Views)

dersparrow - happy my suffering helped you out. 😀

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(960 Views)