Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI PXI GPIB Board Detection and installation

I have installated the NI PXI GPIB card into a cPCI rack and installed the NI 488 software drivers. Randomly the board detection fails. I have verified with the device manager and hardware resource and found that the Vendor Id and the Device Id of the NI PXI card is not getting detected correctly (The device Id is getting detected as FFFF or 1FFF). So the windows fail to locate the driver for the board.

Kindly suggest any hardware / software specific changes to be carried out to sort out this issue.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,146 Views)
There are a few things that you might want to check.  Have you tried the GPIB card in a different slot?  If so, can you isolate the problem to a specific slot or segment on the chassis?

Also, have you tried other cards in the slot and/or chassis you're using?  Does everything else function correctly?
Chad B. » National Instruments » ni.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,115 Views)

Hello Muni,

If Chad's suggestions do not give you any useful information, I would recommend calling into National Instruments support.  Be sure to reference this discussion forum so that the Applications Engineer can have a reference of the problem.  I am curious about the manufacturer / model of your controller, version of NI-488.2 driver, and the OS of the controller.

This information should help us with this problem.

Steven T.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,099 Views)