Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI PCIe-8430/8 fails self test

Solved!
Go to solution

I bought the NI PCIe-8430/8 and installed the drivers that came with the cd. The device and the COM ports show up correctly in device manager and NI Max but the NI-Serial Troubleshooter fails when it tries to identify each COM and if I open the device in NI Max it fails the self test. I also cannot talk to equipment over the COMS listed. Is there something I did wrong? 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,545 Views)
Hi, is the equipment ready now? I would like to ask if you have used the board card in 2 wire auto mode. When you send data, is the idle level on the bus high or 0V?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,208 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JohnSutton

I talked to NI Support about this issue and reinstalling NI Max, NI visa, and NI Serial helped resolve the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,177 Views)

Hi JohnSutton

I wonder if you care about the level of the output signal, whether you have used an oscilloscope to measure the level of the idle state of the signal on the line. I used the board card as 485 and set the transceiver mode to 2-wire auto. When I measured the output signal with an oscilloscope, the idle state level on the line was 0v, which should be logically high in theory to avoid interference. Looking forward to your reply.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,169 Views)